Healthy Vegan Cashew Mozzarella – Pizza and Sauces
- Author: This recipe is modified from Sun Warrior and Artisan Vegan Cheese
- Version 1 for pizzas and sauces
- 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1 C. hot water
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast (B12 fortified)
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 3/4 t. sea salt
- 1 t. fresh lemon juice
- Wash the cashews and soak the in water for about an hour or overnight if you don’t have a high powered blender.
- Put all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat. The mixture will begin to thicken, keep stirring to prevent burning at the bottom until thickened and looking like melted cheese.
- Remove from heat and let cool if you are using as cheese sauce or on pizzas.