No-Knead Pizza Crust
- 3 cups bread flour, plus more for shaping the dough
- 3/4 cup of wheat bran or oat bran (I used ground oat meal)
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1. Mix flour, oat bran, salt, and yeast in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
- 2. Add water and mix with wooden spoon and your hands to form a rough ball.
- 3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a bowl cover if the bowl has a cover.
- 4. Let the dough rise at room temperature until the surface is covered with tiny bubbles and dough has more than doubled in size, about 12 -24 hours. Leave it for at least 12 hours and you can use it anytime after that depending on your schedule and when you are ready to use the dough to make pizza.
- 5. Heavily flour a kneading board or mat or clean counter top and pour/scoop the dough out of the bowl on to the work surface. Turn the dough over on itself a few times; a bowl scraper or spatula is helpful for here because the dough will stick to your fingers.
- 5. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. (You can make 4 pizzas or save the 3 other balls to make pizzas another day or rolls or a small loaf of bread. You can also make one big pizza.