No Knead- Bread – Easiest Most Delicious Bread Ever
- This recipe is a modified version of Jim Lahey’s No-knead Bread recipe. It is so easy to make, it practically makes itself while you sleep. You can use wheat bran or oat bran. I sometimes use 3/4 cup of oatmeal that I put in a food processor to bran like consistency. If you are have actually have Celiac’s Disease or just think that you are gluten-sensitive, you can use a gluten-free flour blend for the dough.
- Recipe under construction
- 3 cups bread flour, plus more for shaping the dough
- 3/4 cup of wheat bran or oat bran (I used ground oat meal)
- 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Mix flour, oat bran, salt, and yeast in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon,
- Add water and mix with wooden spoon and your hands to form a rough ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap or the bowl cover if it has one.
- Let the dough rise at room temperature until the surface is covered with tiny bubbles and dough has more than doubled in size, about 12 -24 hours. Leave it for at least 12 hours and you can use it anytime after that depending on your schedule and when you are ready to bake bread.
- Heavily flour a kneading board or mat or clean counter top and pour/scoop the dough out of the bowl on to the work surface. Turn the dough over on itself a few times; a bowl scraper or spatula is helpful for here because the dough will stick to your fingers.
- Make rolls or a loaf of bread or both.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper and line baking pan because you will not be using oil to prevent sticking.
- Start preheating the oven to 450°F. about 1/2 hour before the end of the rising period
- Bake for 20 minutes covered, then uncover and brown for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven, serve immediately and enjoy